Who Are We?
We are Icognia Hospitality, a trading name of Statutory Advertising Ltd., a company registered in England. The Statutory Advertising Ltd. company registration number is 13051863 and our registered office address is 9, Lower Park Road, Chester, CH4 7BB.
You can always contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 07788 411 848.
We comply with the data protection law when processing your data. This means the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited to only those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
Why Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
We collect and process your personal data to:
- Evaluate your application to the roles we have advertised
- Making a decision about your application
- Keep you updated on new roles that would be suitable for you
- To invite you to interviews and/or trial shifts
You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing or calling us.
What Personal Data We Collect
If you are applying for a role with one of our boutique hotels we may collect, store and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, address, telephone number and personal email address
- Education and qualification details
- Past employment and career background
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to continue to consider your application.
How is Your Personal Information Collected?
We collect personal information directly from you through the application process, through your visit to our website and from recruitment websites where you submit your CV demonstrating your interest for a new role (e.g. Indeed).
How Long We Keep Your Data
We will keep your personal data for as long as you wish to continue to hear from us and until such time as you unsubscribe.
Who Has Access to Your Data
We only share your data with the upscale boutique hotels you are applying for a role with - and your data will only be shared once they offer you a role and you accept.
Where Your Data is Stored
We do not, as a matter of course, transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area and use, as far as possible, UK or European data centres. Where we use providers who only have overseas-based data centres we only do so in limited circumstances and always only after completing a thorough due diligence process to ensure the continued safety and security of your data.
Because the data we hold about you is your data, you have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
- Right to Access – this means that you can ask us for a copy of all personal data we hold about you.
- Correction Right – if you believe that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to correct such information by providing us with the correct up to date information. In addition, you can ask us to delete the incorrect or out of date information and we will be happy to do so unless we are prevented from doing so by law or regulation.
- Right to be Forgotten – you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you where such data is used for direct marketing purposes or is processed as a result of you consenting to such processing.
- Right of Objection to Processing – you have the right to object to us using your data for direct marketing purposes.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details above.
Rights to Complain
If you have any concerns about our handling of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) by visiting https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephoning the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113.